Hello All!
I hope this summer finds you well wherever you may be. For me, it has been a wonderful summer so far. I have been living in Tacoma for the past few months, interning with World Vision, working at the Antique Sandwich Company, and being so kindly hosted by my dear grandfather : ) Starting August 20th, I'll be heading off on a new adventure. I'm traveling back to East Africa (Uganda, Rwanda, and possibly Ethiopia) to study abroad through Go ED, a program run through the NGO Food for the Hungry. I'll be taking a variety of courses, mostly focused on peace studies and transformational development.
I spent two months last summer living in Uganda, and I truly can't wait to get back, and not only for the chapatis and Stoney sodas : ) I'm very excited about the program and looking forward to learning, exploring, asking lots of questions, and figuring out how to live in light of what I learn. I'm also hoping to be able to visit the school and orphanage I lived at on Lwaji Island. It would be wonderful to see the kids again.
I'll try my best to keep this blog updated with pictures and stories throughout the semester, and I hope you'll keep me posted on the happenings in your own life!
Much Love,
Elizabeth
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment